And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God,
to them who are the called according to his purpose. . Romans 8:28

truth

For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout,
with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God:
and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air:
and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 4:16,17 / KJV
Jesus is our soon coming King
James 5:8 Be ye also patient; stablish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draweth nigh."

Saturday, October 10, 2015

Snowflakes at my Door

Good afternoon. 
We are being hit with yet another rain storm here in South Carolina. 
I am so sick of the rain.... thankful for rain... but still sick of it.
Does that even work? lol!

Anyway, I am here with another fun Christmas card. I have been 
enjoying the cooler weather (it's been in the low to high 70's the past few days)
That means I get to open curtains and light a few fall smelling candles. 
When the sun is beaming and the temps are so hot, my AC can't keep up and
I have to keep the house looking like a dungeon. No fun!!! :(

I created this card using the Fresh Brewed Designs Rubber Stamp
COME AND KNOCK AT MY DOOR 


The actual image just has the topiaries plain. I drew in the snowman faces and buttons. 
I love to add fun things to the topiaries for different seasons and holidays. 

I used patterned paper from the American Crafts HOT COCOA stack. 
The Kraft paper was embossed using a cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder. 
I added some silver and crystal stickles to the card for an extra touch of sparkle! 

I chose a monochromatic theme for this card because I love how simple, yet beautiful 
it is. It makes the card look old fashioned, simple, warm, and inviting. And is much different 
than my normal bright, bold style. 

Thank you for stopping by!

I hope you all have a beautiful and blessed day. 

Heather D. 



Challenges:
 SIMON SAYS STAMP -Wednesday CAS Christmas Challenge
Crafty Ribbons #128 Christmas, No Red Or Green 
As You Like it Challenge -Monochrome or Colour (& Why)
Christmas Stampin' All Year Long - Fav Christmas Combo and Layers
Alphabet Challenge -Q is for Quick and Simple
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas - Shabby Chic / vintage

7 comments:

  1. I love your choice of monochrome for this image. You are so right, so warm and inviting, just where you want to go when it is cold and snowy! Thanks for playing along with us at AYLI Challenge! Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the rich colors! The textured background is gorgeous with the design. I love that ribbons, too! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Clean and Simple Christmas” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, great design and image, thanks for joining in our challenge at Alphabet.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that big blousy bow!
    Thanks so much for joining in Crafty Ribbons Christmas Carols challenge!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Heather, I love that image and your beautiful monochromatic colors! Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenge Blog!
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 250 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for October - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Waw this looks really lovely, gorgeous project! Thank you for joining us at As You Like It Challenge. Hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments
they make me SMILE :D
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs3: 5,6

comment counter